One of the most popular things salespeople search for is information about how to write prospecting emails. And it’s no wonder: figuring out “what to say” to get a prospect interested enough in a conversation is HARD! There are a gazillion templates and ideas available out there to help kick-start your prospecting efforts. I decided to consolidate some of the best resources I’ve seen in one post.
All of the articles I used are from HubSpot. They’re good, and there’s a nice variety. I think if I looked at other sites they’d pretty much say the same thing anyway. Since I teach my clients how to follow up on responsive prospects (prospects that are visiting the website), I bolded the templates for following up on them so they’d be easy to find.
Take a look - I hope these templates and examples help you say just the right thing to get that sales meeting!
Topics: Congratulate, Boost Mission, Immediate Value, Help, Compliment, Common Interests,Talk to Prospect’s Low-Level Employees, Customers, Vendors, and Friends, Content (theirs, yours, others, social posts), LI Profile Views, Advice, Recommendations, Introductions, Referrals, Common Connection, Analysis, Insight, Learn from Peers, Market Research, Opinion
Topics: Connect with Buyer, Visited Site, You’re a Stranger, You Just Called, Trigger Event, Requested Demo, Using Trial or Free Tool, Opened Email No Reply, Not Responding, Went Dark
Topics: Cold Calling, Inbound Leads, Referral Introduction, Follow Up
Topics: After a Meeting, Trigger Event, Voicemail, Trade Show, Conference, Networking Event, First Follow up, More Follow Ups, Break Up
Topics: Advice, How-To Guide, Business Weakness with Fix, Relevant Industry Article, Social Message, Blog, Event, Invite to Webinar, Content Recommendations, Common Challenge, “Buried Email” Technique, Suggestions for Achieving Goals, Info About Competitor, Breakup Email, Trigger Events (promotions, departures, new hires, funding, Lost Deal Follow-Up
More Prospecting Email Templates and Examples
Oh my goodness! There are so many articles; I’m just going to start listing them out vs. trying to recap them. I know it’s an overwhelming amount of information, but they’re so interesting to me! Here we go...
- 25 Creative Email Subject Lines That Restart Stalled Sales Conversations
- The Sales Email Template That Won 16 New B2B Customers
- 6 Templates That Give Your Pre-Call Email Sequence New Life
- 9 Funny, Unconventional, and Highly Effective Sales Email Templates Real Salespeople Use
- 9 Sales Email Templates to Inspire Urgency in Your Prospects
- Sales Follow-Up Emails the Pros Use [Free Email Templates]
- The 4 Email Templates That Earned Us $100,000 in 30 Days
- 4 New Biz Email Templates That Will Get Prospects’ Attention Fast
- 9 Features of a Response-Worthy Sales Prospecting Email [Infographic]
- 16 Creative Spring-Themed Sales Email Templates to Use in 2018
- Creating Sales Email Templates
- The 23-Word Sales Email Template That Brings Stale Deals Back to Life
Instructions on How to Write Sales Emails
- 36 Sales Email Templates
- How To Write A Sales Email People Want To Respond To
- Sales Email Template: How to Write Emails People Want to Respond To [SlideShare]
- Sales Email Templates: How and When to Use Them For Maximum Results [ + Examples]
- How to Write a Cold Email That Your Prospects Will Respond to Every Time [+ Email Template]
- The Sales Email Sequence That Balances Personalization with Productivity
- Creating Sales Email Templates
- Example of What NOT to Say in a Prospecting Email
- The 3-Step Process I Use to Get a 40% Email Response Rate
And, don’t forget about HubSpot’s Inbound Sales Certification. It’s free and I HIGHLY recommend it. I really can’t say enough about how good it is. I wish all my clients’ salespeople would take it!