Most organizations understand who they're trying to sell to, at least at a high level. But it's often pretty vague and centers around company information like industry, revenue, # of employees, and geography. The problem with that approach is that sellers and marketers aren't trying to talk to companies; they're trying to talk to people.
Here are some articles and resources to help you learn more about how to develop buyer personas that can help your organization create products, services, and sales and marketing strategies that resonate deeply with your ideal profitable customer.
What are Buyer Personas?
- The Definition of a Buyer Persona [in Under 100 Words] [HubSpot]
- What is a Buyer Persona [Buyer Persona Institute]
- What is Buyer Persona? [Shopify]
- What is a Buyer Persona? Why The Original Definition Still Matters To B2B [Tony Zambito]
Why are Buyer Personas Important?
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Create Buyer Personas [Moon Marketing]
- 6 Reasons Why Buyer Personas Are More Important Than Ever [Tony Zambito]
- Finding Your Audience: The Importance Of Developing A Buyer Persona [Forbes]
- What is a 'Buyer Persona' and Why is it Important? [SocialMediaToday]
- What Are Buyer Personas and Why They Are Important to Your Website [Intechnic]
Tools and Templates for Creating Buyer Personas
- Buyer Persona Worksheet [Moon Marketing]
- Free Make My Persona Tool [HubSpot]
- How to Create Detailed Buyer Personas for Your Business [Free Persona Template] [HubSpot]
- How to Create a Concrete Buyer Persona (with Templates & Examples) [OptinMonster]
- 10 Customer Persona Tools & Templates [Content Harmony]
- Persona Templates [HubSpot]
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Creating a Customer Journey Map [Cyber Group]